In 1912 the Trustees decided to discontinue the Academy after 125 years of continuous existence. With the closing of the Academy in June 1912, Hays Hall became a dormitory for the College, accommodating 80 men.
4 X 6 1/2 photograph
Hays Hall located on the corner of Beau and College Streets. Note that the ornamental work on the center of the roof which appears in earlier pictures has been removed.