In 1926 major renovations were made to Old Main, both inside and out. The building's exterior was sandblasted and remortared. Chimes and small lantern towers were added to the tops of the twin towers. The existing windows were removed from the mansard roofs of the towers. An entrance with bronze doors and terraced steps 20 feet wide and 100 feet long were among the improvements. A driveway, at each entrance of which was a high iron gate, extended across the campus.
8 X 10 photograph
Old Main viewed from the southwest. To the left the Old Gym is visible.