Post-war demands forced the expansion of all College operations. The chapel in Old Main was converted to a dining room in 1946 to handle the meals of more than 1300 students on campus after the end of the war. In 1952, with the return to the normal enrollment of 550 students, the administration decided to return the dining and convocation facilities to their original locations. The prewar campus layout was resumed with the chapel in Old Main, where it had been since the earliest days of the College, and the dining facilities in Hays Hall.
8 X 10 photograph
Chapel in Old Main converted into a dining hall to accommodate post-war enrollment.