The removal of the center window on the second and third stories of the center portion of Old Main is obvious in this picture. The date of this change has not been confirmed. The Phi Kappa Psi monument was moved from the front of the north wing to the campus directly in front of Old Main on a terrace below the main driveway. A flagstone walk led from the driveway to the monument. A new campus walk was laid during the summer of 1943 extending from directly in front of Old Main down through the campus, encircling the Phi Kappa Psi Memorial to College Street.
8 X 10 photograph
Old Main viewed from College Street. Directly in front of Old Main is the Phi Kappa Psi Memorial surrounded by shrubbery.