In the spring of 1912 suggestions were made to improve the old college building. By the fall of 1912 the center part of the building had been renovated and was officially the Administration Building of the College. "The first floor has been fitted up with railings, partitions, and windows in very neat style and here the treasurer's office is located. The entire interior has been painted white and the whole office is almost as well equipped as a bank. On the second floor is located the meeting place of the Administration Committee." -- Red & Black, October 3, 1912. The renovation was paid for by President Moffat, and the President's office was moved from Old Main to this building. Also in 1912 a cement walk was laid between Old Main and the Administration Building. The north wing continued to serve as a residence hall until 1928, when it was converted to office space.