When built in 1893, the bath room area was described as being "most complete. It contain[ed] urinals and water closets, sixteen bowls, eight needle and shower, a tub, and a large plunge. The materials in it [were] hard pine, cement, marble, and nickled brass pipe. A large number of students [could] take baths in it in a very short space of time." -- First Annual Report of the Department of Physical Education, 1894. The renovation of 1927 enlarged the bathing and locker room facilities to accommodate a student body of 500 to 600 young men.